St. John’s is committed to being a Safeguarding Church, and promotes respectful pastoral ministry, and works to ensure the safeguarding and protection of all children, young people, and at risk adults.

The Church adopts all  Safeguarding Policies which includes the reporting of all serious incidents (safeguarding and non safeguarding) to the Charity Commission, ensuring that we act in accordance with the new arrangements set out in the New House of Bishops guidance.

The church adopts all safeguarding policies and commits to meet all criteria within the Diocese of Bristol  “Safer Recruitment and Guidance and Toolkit”.

Further information can be found on the Diocese of Bristol website:-   Look under Diocese of Bristol Policies and Procedures.

The Parish Safeguarding Officer for St. John’s is St John’s PCC
Any safeguarding concerns should be reported to the PCC via the wardens Dave Higham 07898 621683 or Nigel Seville 07940 584498

The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Adam Bond
Telephone 01179060100

Click here for our Safeguarding Policy Statement 

Policy Statement – St John’s Church


Other information about local help

If the situation is urgent i.e. there is an imminent risk of harm: contact the police on 101 or 999 as appropriate or contact the Local Authority Children or Adults safeguarding Teams:

Your Local Authority: Children’s Safeguarding Team

Bristol City Council – First Response Bristol Team on
Telephone 0117 903 6444 ‐ Monday to Friday

Emergency Duty Team – 01454 615 165 – Out of hours/Weekends

Your Local Authority: Adult Safeguarding Team

Bristol City Council – Call Care Direct –
Telephone 0117 922 2700 – 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
(answerphone outside office hours).

Call the Police Telephone 101 – In an emergency telephone 999

Once you have sought advice from police or the Local Authority and the situation is made safe, inform the Parish Safeguarding Officer as soon as possible of the concern and actions taken, provide a written record of this. If the concern is about the Parish Safeguarding Officer contact the Incumbent or Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.

%d bloggers like this: