Covid -19 IMPORTANT UPDATE…
It seems such a long time since we have all been able to meet together to enjoy worshipping at Church. I know many of you have joined in the Thursday morning Eucharists which Jordan has celebrated in her home and that they have been a very welcome opportunity to share fellowship together.
We have now been given permission to reopen our buildings for individual prayer. The PCC met on Zoom and, in collaboration with the other King’s Way Benefice PCCs, we have decided that we will start to re-open St John’s on Sunday 5th July from 2.00pm to 4.00pm and then every other week until further notice. St Aidan’s will be opening their church building on the morning of the intervening Sundays so there will be a King’s Way Benefice church open each Sunday. Please note this will be for individuals to come into church for quiet prayer and reflection. It will not be for an actual service, which is not yet permitted.
This is how it will work:
Before the 5th July, the church building will be cleaned and aired. This is what will happen when you come into church:
- Only one entrance is permitted so please use the main door only. Please be aware of others who may be coming out and give them sufficient space.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for you to use just inside the door. Please use it.
- There will be at least two volunteers on hand to supervise the session, maintain cleanliness, give assistance and answer questions.
- You may want to consider wearing a face mask.
- No books or prayer sheets will be available. However, you are very welcome to bring your own Bible, prayer book or other devotional aid with you.
- To enable social distancing we have designed a one way system and have roped off some pews. Please check the flip chart and sit only in the pews indicated.
- The votive candle stand will be at the front of the building should you wish to light a candle. The candles will be spaced out on a tray.
- We expect most people’s visits to church will be no more than half an hour so we would ask you to avoid using the toilets if possible. If you do need to use the facilities please speak to the volunteers who will explain the cleaning required.
- When you are ready to leave, please follow the arrows and leave down the Memorial Chapel aisle.
- This is primarily an opportunity for people to spend time in prayer and reflection so it would not be appropriate for conversations to be going on at the same time. If you wish to have a chat with friends, please do this outside the building and remember the social distancing rules which are still in place.
We very much hope that many of you will wish to take advantage of this opportunity to come into church and we look forward to welcoming you back on Sunday 5th July.
Assuring you that you all remain our thoughts and prayers at this challenging time,
Best wishes from
Saint John’s PCC
About us in more normal times…
St Johns is a welcoming church who worship God together and serve the community of Fishponds. Situated on the Lodge Causeway in Fishponds, East Bristol, we are part of the King’s Way Benefice, a group of three churches working together. Come and join us for a family friendly service with Communion most weeks on a Sunday at 10.30am! Learn more about a relationship with God, worship and community at our Sunday and week day Services and at our Small Groups.
On all Sundays except the first, we have Junior Church for ages 4-12 in our church hall where we have fun, learning about God and usually making something creative! On the first Sunday we all share together in a Worship for All service.
We are a church who meets together throughout the week to share life, grow closer to God together and help care for one another and the community. One of the ways we do this is through our weekly Small Groups
About King’s Way Benefice
King’s Way Benefice is a group of three churches with unique identities serving East Bristol.
Get in Touch
We’d love to hear from you
Weekly Service Times
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm